12.16.2011

ZzzzzzzzZZzzz

I am VERY tired.  I'm not complaining, just simply stating.  I've taken a lot of extra hours at my part time job.  I only have one day off this next week and have worked a lot this past month.  It is that time of season.  I also did not realize how Neverland Nook would pick up for cape orders either!  I'm so grateful.  Creating the magician cape was a real hit!  Sold 3 within a week.  That is a lot to a business who only started officially less than 2 months ago and isn't a main seller yet on etsy.  Whenever people have messaged us about "can we get a cape done in time for Christmas," I just can't turn it down.  Someone (a very nice and fun customer who had ordered a super hero set and magician set) sent me a random message asking if we can make a judge's robe.  Very random I thought, but she explained it's for one of three children who are very creative and love to play role playing games for hours.  Their dad is also a lawyer, so she thought it would be fun if the kids could play courtroom.  I love it!  Now, I have never made any kind of robe before.  I really wanted to work on making a wizarding robe (can you guess why?! Ha) and so this judge's robe will be my first step in practice to creating that magical world I love so much.  Tomorrow is my first day off with Jarret alone for a while, and we were supposed to spend the day together, but it looks as if I will be Neverland Nook-ing it for the day.  I'm a bit sad on missing time, but once Christmas is over I believe the land of capes will get a bit of a rest.  I should take a couple of hours to relax tomorrow.  I have Sunday morning before work and Sunday night after work to do Neverland Nook work.  Also, Monday morning.  I just can't resist people's requests for Christmas.  Although I think after the magician one I just took tonight I might have to.  Unless by some amazing luck I finish all four sets of sewing tomorrow.  That would be AWESOME!!!  Well, enough of my blogging about absolutely nothing as you sit there wondering why I'm typing and not sewing... I needed a break.. And after I iron all the cape cut outs.. I'm reading my book and heading to bed.  Jarret's already asleep:



He'd probably die if he knew this pic was up, but look at my two boys.. Yes that little black fluff under Jarret's head is Dexter!  Ha.. Too cute!  Happy Weekend!

xoxo
~Sabrina

PS - We ship to Canada now!!!  Woo hoo, eh?  Oh, and Leslie is back from Mexico tomorrow!!!  Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment