4.13.2012

Triskaidekaphobia - No this isn't babble

Triskaidekaphobia - The fear of the number 13.  Not me!!!  It's Friday the 13th!  Woo Hoo!  While some people freak out and are skeptical and fear the day... I enjoy it and bask in it!  I love anything and everything spooky.  When I was a kid I would watch scary movies (without my mother's knowledge.. Thanks Dad!!!).  I also revel and the wonders of the most spooktacular day.. Halloween.  My house is THE house in the neighborhood that even parents are scared to go to.  Friday the 13ths are usually pretty lucky for me... My dear husband knows me so well that he proposed on a Friday the 13th.

So with my love of Friday the 13th, I give you some fun facts (facts according to the world wide web) about Friday the 13th:
1. Butch Cassidy, notorious American train and bank robber, was born
on Friday, April 13, 1866. (Side Note: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of my favorite movies.  It was this movie Jarret told me he loved on the first day we met.. He has never actually seen it, lied to impress me. Ha)
2.  The most times that the 13th will fall on a Friday in any given calendar is three, while the longest period without it is 14 months.
3.  Fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia.(Try pronouncing that)
4.  On April 13, 2029, a Friday, the asteroid 99942 will make its closest encounter with earth.  (I thought the world was ending before then? Lol)
5.  Friday the 13th may not be as unlucky as people think. A 2008 Dutch study showed that fewer car accidents, fires and crimes occur on the said day, especially since superstitious would-be victims make an effort to stay out of harm's way.
6.  According to CNBC, the US market has been up 80 times out of the past 140 occasions when the 13th of a month landed on a Friday.

Have a lucky and spooktacular day!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic and I love that he lied to impress you--that's a evidence of a good man I say ;) Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! He is a great man.. I'm really lucky.. Thanks for the compliment too.. It was from our engagement pics :)

      Delete